Saturday, January 18, 2014

Guniea Pig Tales by Becky Corwin Adams

This short book is a memoir of a guinea pig and his family, set in the 1960's through the 1990's.

Mr. Bridgette was a real guinea pig adopted in 1995 by an animal loving family in a small northwest Ohio town. The family owned a variety of pets over the years. Among the most memorable pets were the guinea pigs. Mr. Bridgette was given the honor of writing his story. He remembers the details of his life as if it just happened yesterday. Mr. Bridgette tells about all of the author's childhood pets: cats, chickens, a guinea pig, a white mouse, a hamster, and a gerbil. Also included in the book are the tales of some of the author's pets when she was an adult: hamsters, guinea pigs, and cocker spaniels. This short autobiography includes 11 photos of Mr. Bridgette and his family and friends.

From the author: After writing memoirs about my cocker spaniels and my cats, I thought it would be fitting to write about my "pocket pets". All of the stories in this book are true. Although the memories of my beloved pets have faded a bit with the passage of time, this guinea pig memoir was written to the best of my recollection.

My review:
 As I read this book I learned a lot about these little animals I never thought about. My grand daughter is three and sat with me while I read it and every time a picture would come up she would say "Awe." I love the idea of the Guinea Pig telling the story or stories.

No comments:

Post a Comment